Saturday, May 01, 2010

Change...

One of the things that I really don't like is saying goodbye. I think that am a pretty flexible person and can deal with a lot of changes, but it is still not easy. And this year we will be saying goodbye to one Finnish family (Miika and Mirjam: right below) and saying hello to another: Rami and Kata Maria who are here right now to check us out (left below). The funny part is both families have 4 girls, so now everyone will think that all Finns have lots of girls!

The Kurkkios have been here for 5 years, and working with our team for over 3, and it will be quite hard to see them go. But we look forward to working with our new teammates, and getting to know them! The Kurkkios are leaving in June and the new family will arrive in August along with a new teacher for their kids to replace Lea (below) who has been faithfully teaching the Kurkkio girls for 3 years.
I love this photo of Lea, as it captures her so well! I know that June is going to be hard, saying goodbye to all of them! If I were to count the amount of goodbyes that I have said since I moved to Bosnia, it would probably astound even me: you would think you would get used to it. But it is probably a good thing that my heart still grieves to see people go, and that I haven't hardened my heart through the constant goodbyes... But still it is not easy. I wish things didn't have to change: but I believe that God knows what He is doing and He is one thing in my life that doesn't ever change!

1 comment:

Shilo said...

Well said, friend.
I like your new look too!
Have a great weekend!
Shilo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...