Saturday, April 24, 2010

BEST Business Training in Sanski Most

 On Friday night and Saturday morning, I was presenting the BEST Business Training Modules 1 and 2 (3 and 4 come in two weeks time) in Sanski Most (a town about an hour and a half away from Banja Luka) for one of their projects there. We had a great time learning through the Business Simulation (which looks like a game, but it is so much more!): So far we have covered without them even realising: planning, budgeting, cash-flow analysis, supply and demand, teamwork, negotiation skills, amongst other things! Here are some pictures from the training:




Now, funny story: I am teaching in the local language and so in the beginning I tell them that if there is something that I don't say right please tell me, as sometimes I misuse a word or can't think of it (there is a lot of the business vocabulary that is still trying to get stuck in my brain: I mean I struggle to remember the English!!). Anyway luckily they did because when I was explaining about the "raw materials" that they have to buy I was using the word "sirov" instead of "sirovina": the first is just 'crude' or 'raw' or could mean "of cheese", so they were wondering why they had to buy a whole lot of cheese!!

Now they each received a loan of 10KM (about R50/$8) and have a couple of weeks to  make as much from that as they can. They each have to repay 11KM and all the 1KM "interest" will be given to the one who makes the most money! So in two weeks I will go back and see how they did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear, these funny stories are well known to me.
Maybe it's better for you to try to sing next time :)))
I am glad that the training was successful.
I really admire you and how successfully and on the time you do all the jobs.
Kiss from Tanja :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...