Friday, March 12, 2010

Miss Communication

I think a lot of my Communication usually ends up being a single female called "Miss Communication". Isn't it so true that no matter how much we think we have communicated something in the right way, there often ends up being some sort of misunderstanding? Especially here where I am not working in my mother tongue and so the subtleties of language nuances are sometimes not communicated clearly... but even in English there seems to be a lot of that naughty "Miss" around...

This week I have been in the middle of a couple of Miss Communication's handiwork and it has been interesting how by sitting down and talking it over and getting both sides of the story, things can be sorted out. I won't go into the gory details, suffice it to say that I still have a LOT to learn about good communication and how to make sure that not only are you understood, but that you understand the other person's story as well. I will continue to strive, with God's help, to banish Little ol' Miss Communication from my life!!

1 comment:

Shilo said...

A very worthy goal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...