Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Let it snow...

The past week has been rainy and it has been trying to snow since Saturday... Finally yesterday the snow came with a vengeance and this is just the beginning: the forecast is for four more days of snow! It is a good thing we got winter tyres on the car! Here is the "classic" pic from my balcony so you can see the difference in the street: (see here for a comparison)Even though the snow can be a hassle (it really is best viewed from the inside when you don't have to go anywhere!), it is so beautiful and I am still getting used to the fact that I live in a place where we do get so much snow. Yip, even after almost 9 years here, snow is still a novelty!

I still remember when I was moving here and thinking "how will I ever survive the winters?" and the answer is: with God's grace I can do anything! I was thinking yesterday when I was putting on layers of clothing, coat, scarf, gloves, boots, etc that if you had told me 12-15 years ago that I would be living in a place where this was normal, I would have laughed in your face: but now I just take it in my stride. I do have great heat in the house (we literally say "thank-you Lord for our landlady" every time we walk in the door) and it really does help having a car (thank-you Lord for that as well!).

Now, unfortunately, we do have to go out today and so I have to go shovel some snow so that the car can get out!!! But still I say "LET IT SNOW"!!!

1 comment:

Shilo said...

So pretty! Of course, I am from the frozen north! :) I'm glad you can take it all in stride. I guess I kind of know how you feel when it gets to 115 down here! :)
Hugs, friend. Have a great day!
Shilo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...