Monday, December 07, 2009

Goodbye Bryan...

This is a tribute to my friend, Bryan Savides, who passed away last week at age 33 from colon cancer. He left behind his lovely wife, Robyn, and two gorgeous daughters, Daniella and Georgia. Below is a picture taken with them when I was in South Africa in February:I really enjoy this family, even though we haven't had as much contact being so far apart. I remember when they got together in 1995 (I helped a little!) and really have such good memories of our friendship... It is always hard when someone special (like Bryan) is no longer with us: I think my friend Jacqui put it best (this is taken from her Facebook status) "Jacqui feels that it is a bit weird that the rest of the world carries on even though my friend has passed away. It feels like the whole universe should stop and acknowledge." Well, I am taking time to stop and acknowledge Bryan here on my blog.

Bryan gave his testimony in his church in October and I really think it is worth a listen if you have the time. Here is a link to it on the church website. One of the things he said in that testimony has been challenging me lately: the gist being "whether I live until 33 or 83, what is 50 years in the light of eternity". Wow.

For those that pray, please pray with me for his "girls" at this time.

Goodbye Bryan, see you on the other side!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a moving and challenging testimony. Bryan embodied courage and I will be praying for his 'girls.'

Shilo said...

Hugs to you and and may our Father comfort your heart as you grieve.
Shilo

Gordon Miles said...

Indeed, "So long, Bryan!" I have such fond memories of Bryan and his extremely quick and funny humour. I can't imagine how much Robyn and the girls must be missing him.

Humphrey said...

Thanks for this Belinda. I just saw Robyn is now engaged and decided to do a search about Bryan. It was really tough reading his testimonial and I am just so sorry he went through so much pain. Great to know he is in a better place. So excited for Robyn and the kids. Nic is an awesome guy and I think Bryan would of been happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...