Tuesday, November 03, 2009

It's snowing...

This is the view from the office where I am until my beginner's English starts in an hour and a half. I am waiting for people to come and discuss their business plans - in between our team meeting this morning and English Class/Club tonight. I will be here until about 9pm and am not really looking forward to going home by bus/walking: unfortunately I didn't know it was going to snow and so am not wearing my waterproof boots, but luckily I am just going home so even if I get wet feet it won't be for long!

Ljilja are now actively looking at cars as we have decided we can't be patient anymore. We really need one: just as a for instance, it took me over an hour yesterday to get to the Orphanage and back: so quite frustrating. Not that I mind, it is just such a long time to get anywhere especially when you are used to getting there and back in 20 minutes! Had a great time with the kids though: so that made up for it!!

3 comments:

Shilo said...

Continuing to pray with you about that car! We went a long time without a car in Venezuela and it was phenomenal how long it took to get everywhere...
Blessings!
Shilo

Rodney Smith said...

Still no car - ag shame!

I on the other hand have been pedalling to work - which is actually quicker than taking the bus! Maybe you should consider it too (fitted with snow tyres or something obviously!)

Belinda Chaplin said...

Rod: it would be ok if I only had to get to and from one place every day, but I have to get all over the place!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...