Monday, November 23, 2009

Gorgeous Blogger award

My friend Miranda has tagged me with the Gorgeous Blogger Award. I don't know whether it is meant that I am gorgeous or whether my blog is gorgeous: but I am going to go with both :-)

Now in order to receive this award I need to tell you 6 things that you don't know about me. And then tag 6 friends for the same honour... This isn't going to be easy as there aren't many things that I haven't shared with at least someone who reads my blog... but here goes:

1) I sucked my thumb every night to fall asleep until I was 9 years old and only gave up when my tonsils were taken out as it was too sore to suck! (PTL I still have straight teeth!)

2) I lived the first 21 years of my life in the same two streets in Claremont, Cape Town: we lived until I was 5 in St Ledger's Road and then moved two streets over to Chaucer Rd, where my parents still live.

3) Since then I have travelled to 27 countries (not so many in YWAM terms!) on three continents: Africa, Europe and North America. And all that on a South African passport - now we will see what I can do on my British!

4) I completed a Bachelor of Business Science degree at the University of Cape Town, majoring in Human Resources in 1995 - yip ages ago! In order to finish the degree I did a group thesis with 3 other people: we did an analysis of Deloitte and Touche's Affirmative Action program. We even did a presentation before their Board of executors! I am currently working on my Masters in Community Development through YWAM's University of the Nations.

5) As many of you know, I don't (well, can't) drink coffee (not easy to do in a coffee culture like Bosnia) instead I am pretty much addicted to black tea ("normal" in South Africa) with milk (very unusual here). I even carry around my own tea bags just in case. There is one cafe here which does have good black tea, but sometimes they run out. When they do, I ask if I can use my teabag... it has got to the stage that when I come to order the waiter sees me coming and says "we are out, do you have your teabag?" before I have even said anything!

6) When I went on my first plane trip by myself, I made the mistake of telling my mother that I was nervous about finding my way around the airport to the plane. She grabbed the guy behind me at the security clearance and told him to look after me through to the gate... I was 21 and almost a University Graduate at the time! (how embarrassing!). Now I don't have any qualms (or much choice really) when travelling all over by myself...

Now, who to tag: in no particular order: my gorgeous blog awards go to: Nicole, Taryn, David, Shilo, Becky, and Greg and Erin. So, once you read this you need to do the same thing on your blogs!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...