Wednesday, September 02, 2009

What are the chances...

Last night we started up English Club again after a little break for August. So we were going around the group and saying what we had been up to over the summer. Ivana had been in Budva in Montenegro. She was saying how nice it was that this year there wasn't just Russians and Italians but other foreigners there... Then she goes "for instance there were two Australians who were backpacking"...

Now, when I went down to Zenica at the beginning of August on the train I was in a compartment with two Australians who were travelling. Thinking "what are the chances" I asked her what their names were... And they were the same two names and the stories and times matched so it seems that my two Aussies were also her two!! What are the chances of that happening!!

But it reminded me of a cute story from the train: I was in the compartment with these two Aussies and an older Bosnian man. When I first got into the compartment, I didn't even realise the Aussies were foreign, but it became obvious when I spotted their backpacks and of course when they started speaking English! The older man then asked me "what is that they are speaking" and so I started speaking to him in Serbian and we had a good old conversation (he even wanted to marry me off to his son!!). Then I turned to the Aussies and started talking to them in English. The older man got all confused and said "but how did you do that? How can you talk to me and also to them?" He couldn't understand how it was possible that I could talk to him and then also be able to talk to them... So cute!

Still reeling at the chances of Ivana running into the same two guys in Montenegro!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...