Wednesday, September 02, 2009

7th Happy Crutch day

This post goes out to my dear friend Heather Wonnacott pictured here with me when I was in South Africa in February:Heather has been on her "Handy" and "Andy" crutches now for 7 years (due to health issues which are too complicated to get into here) and each year for the anniversary (see 5th Happy Crutch day for more on this) she challenges us to either spend the whole day on crutches or one leg, or take a picture of people using crutches, hopping or on one leg to somehow commemorate the "Happy Crutch day".

On the actual "Happy Crutch Day" we were supposed to go to the orphanage, but in the end it didn't work out, so I already had the idea to get the kids there to be a part of the day, so when we went today this is what we did: (a little late, but better late than never!)

I explained to the kids about my friend really far away and about "Happy Crutch Day" then we got them up and tried to get a picture of them all standing on one leg. When that wasn't really working I got them all to hop: you can see the sequence here: See if you can spot Branka, Sofija and Ivana who were the volunteers from the English Club who came with me:




As you can see they really got into it and enjoyed being part of the 7th annual Happy Crutch Day! Here's hoping, Heath, that it is the LAST Happy Crutch Day!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

What a lovely supportive action for a dear friend. Kudos to you Bee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...