Friday, August 14, 2009

Zenica trip...

On Monday I went on the train to Zenica (where I lived 2001-2002) for the week. It was GREAT fun! I stayed with Tiff while her husband Sladjo was away for the week :-) Here we are at the train station today before I left to come back to Banja Luka: I got around to loads of old friends, which was great - I of course didn't get pics with any of them other than with Buco and Silva and their youngest daughter Elena:
Isn't she a cutie pie?:
The week was a great mix of catch-up with friends I hadn't seen in AGES and fun times with the Tiffster...

Yesterday we went to visit our mutual friends Mario and Dejana together and we all were talking about the different humanitarian aid projects that we are all involved in. We were talking in Bosnian/Serbian and Mario kept talking about the one "greni" project. Afterwards Tiff and I were driving and she said to me "there was only one word which Mario kept saying that I didn't understand it started with a 'g'...". I said "was it 'greni'?" and she said "yes, that's it, what does it mean?"... I started laughing and said "ok stop thinking of that as a Bosnian word... it is actually English... he is talking about a project which helps old people: the 'Granny project'!" :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...