Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vancouver here I come...

Ok, since October last year when during our family reunion I spent all of 3 days with my brother, sister-in-law and their two boys (and that was first time we had been together in 3 and a half years), I have been wanting to get out to Vancouver to see them. When I got my British Passport this became a LOT easier (no visa needed!), and so I became more motivated!

I was playing with the idea of going in January (when things here are completely DEAD) for a while, but as ticket prices were ridiculous it was just an idea... and I was thinking it would never really happen...

And then last night completely by accident (or not?!) I found a website called whichbudget which shows all cheap airlines throughout the world and where they fly. I discovered there was a budget airline that flies from London to Vancouver. I looked at ticket prices and for January they were actually doable... the idea starting forming... then I called my brother and sister-in-law (and my parents who are there at the moment) and we all got excited about it!! And now it is going to be a reality - Vancouver here I come!

When I talked to my mom, she pointed out that as I now have no car I need to save up for a new one. She has a point. But I kinda think that it is going to take forever to save up for a new car, so either I (or rather God!) need to find another solution or it will be years before I will get a car. So, if I don't do this trip because I want to use the money towards a new car then I will be without a car for a long time and unhappy as well, as I will not get to see my brother and his family either. This way if no miracle happens at least I will be HAPPY-having seen my brother! See the logic?

Talking about the car, the latest is that the police think that they are close to catching the culprit, which is good news. The bad news is they don't think they will ever get the car back (our guess is that it is in parts) but they can't say more than that... So, we will be able to find out who did it, but not get the car back. However, if that guy is found guilty we can sue him for the money for our car... so maybe one day I will see the money IF they find the guy and IF he is found guilty and IF we are successful in suing him! Good thing I am relying on God and not on the 3 above IFs!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...