Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New couch...

When the team was here, I shared with them the need for a new couch for the family room where we hold the English Club at the Children's Home. It is one of the 8 families in the home, and the teacher is always happy to have us. The couch has been wrecked over the years and they really needed a new one. Here is Liesbeth, the team leader on what was left of the old couch: Now remember there are 12 kids in this family who have to somehow fit on this couch...I had managed to collect some money, and with what the team gave we had more than enough! So here is the new couch which I bought for them: Showing it off are Milica, Mladenka, Gorka and Maja: The other 8 girls were either too shy or sleeping or otherwise unavailable!
Ok, now we are sick of having our photo taken: but you get the idea - it goes really nicely with the paint-job which Ljilja and I helped out with earlier in the summer! And as you can see, more than enough room for all of the girls!!
More to come on what we will do with the rest of the money...

2 comments:

Shilo said...

What a sweet and special gift!

carolynkrause said...

hello Belinda,

i am carolyn, danijel is my bf and he attends your conversation club and told me about you!
i enjoyed reading your blog. my boyfriend sent me the link to read about your visa sticker! i enjoyed it as i am so fully aware of visa issues hehe. i had to go to london for a visa to visit my bf earlier in the year! i loved banja luka its a peaceful place! i will be back hehe! nice blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...