Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Only in Bosnia...

Ok, I am busy trying to close down Sergej's organisation (which he didn't have time to finish before went back to the Ukraine). I have a power of attorney and have been trying to sort out with the people at the court what I need to give them, etc. They eventually decided that I needed a letter from the US (from the organisation there that founded the branch here). I got the letter and had it translated at an "official" court translator and handed it in about 5 weeks ago already.

That is when the "let's go to the court every Wednesday game" began. They are only open on Wednesdays between 9-11am. So I would go (well Ljilja went for me one week as I was in Sanski Most for the day) and ask what was up and the poor guy would tell me "well I don't really know"... Then finally today he was able to tell me that his boss didn't like the translation of the letter. It was not one of the AUTHORISED official court translators... Yes, I kid you not! What the heck is an "official" court translator that is NOT "authorised"? What is the point of that?

So, of course, I just laughed and asked the poor guy in the office where to go and even he didn't know... and then I asked at the court "information booth" and even that guy had to ask someone else as he didn't know!!! So, how the heck am I supposed to know which translators are "authorised" and which are only "official"...

And even though I have now handed in the correct translation and everything else that I need, the "let's go to court on Wednesday" game will continue until the Court President deigns to sign the "rjesenje" and as they say here "ask God" when that will be as it isn't going to be any time soon!!! And you just have to keep going in and checking each week until it is signed...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...