Monday, May 04, 2009

Good news/Bad news, the car and Olja's birthday...

This morning, I got some good news and some bad news:

The good news is that I have found a solution for my summer scheduling problem: In late July I was supposed to host the Dutch Go team and be at Student camp at the same time!! In order to solve this problem, I asked the team if I could find somewhere else for them to go: if they would go there for a week and then come here. They were open to the idea, but then it took me a while for me to find somewhere else for them to be. This morning I got an email from a good friend of a good friend who is willing to have them (and it looks like it will be a real blessing, so my scheduling problem has become a blessing to someone else!)

The bad news is that my friend, Laura, who is supposed to be coming in July to help with some Business Training has been denied the needed letter for her to be able to get her visa for Bosnia in Turkey. She now has to go to London to get the visa which is WAY more expensive (hence us trying to get her this letter so she could go to Turkey). The frustrating part is that I spent the better part of last week trying to get hold of them in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Sarajevo to find out what was going on with the application for this letter and NO ONE EVER ANSWERED THE PHONE. (One day I even emptied the battery on the office phone, phoning non-stop for an hour and not getting ANY reply!) So this morning when I got through I was just so shocked to actually get through, that when he told me it was denied, I didn't even ask why! He did say they would fax the decision through, so I guess we will find out then...

This afternoon, my car's fuel pump problem was FINALLY fixed: It has been a problem for over a year, but various different mechanics couldn't figure out the problem and eventually when one did, he couldn't find the needed part for love or money. I eventually found the part through another mechanic friend and took it to them to put in today... Here's hoping this is the LAST time I have to go to the mechanic for a long while!

Tonight, some of us went out for cake for Olja's birthday which is tomorrow. Here we all are: Ljilja, Mirjam, Lea, Olja and I:Here is Olja and I:
And Olja and Ljilja - cute pic!!
All-in-all it was a nice end to a long, but interesting day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...