Saturday, May 09, 2009

Aleksandra's "Matura"

I can't believe Aleksandra is graduating High School. She is one of the English Club and started coming when she was in the second year of High School (here it is 4 years). Then she left for her third year to Italy (as an Exchange student). Now, she has been back for a year and tonight was her "prom" or "matric dance". Here I am with her:Here it is a bit different: the high schools have them on different nights and all the students of that particular high school gather in the main street downtown (which is closed off) and then parade off to the Party venue (which is just off the main street) so that everyone can see them!!

Last summer, Aleksandra was with me and the Dutch team at dinner one night. We were talking about how old everyone is, and my age came up. She turns to me and says (she was 17 at the time): Hey Belinda, do you know that if you had me at 17, you are old enough to be my mother? Thanks Aleksandra!!

2 comments:

Everyday M.moms said...

Happy Mother's day, we wish you the best of all blessings and we have made a little something for you:

http://everydaymmoms.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-prayer-for-mothers-today-is-that-our.html

God bless you,

EVERYDAY.M.MOMS

Nicole, Graeme and Janel said...

I realised last week that I am now old enough to be teaching my own kids in high school. Yup - If I had had kids when I finished school, I would be teaching them now. That's a bit scary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...