Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Spring is in the air...

One of the things I guess I will never get used having grown up in a country where we don't have much of a winter (it never snows in Cape Town and it has got to below freezing in Celsius only once or twice in my lifetime) and thus never have a REAL spring, is how amazing spring really is. I mean one day everything is DEAD and just looks so sad. And literally the next day there are trees full of buds, some have even completely sprung into life, flowers everywhere and it all just looks so pretty!

And for us, unfortunately, complete spring cleaning will have to wait a couple of days, as my house is still surrounded by scaffolding and "majstori" (handymen) who put insulation and a new facade on the whole house - no small accomplishment when the house is 3 1/2 storeys high! Right now they are painting, (my landlady took 4 days to pick the colour and she still isn't happy - but now it is TOO LATE!) and should be finished in the next day or two - and then the clean up will begin!!

So, right now, the buds are budding, the birds are twittering, the sun is shining and I don't have to clean yet - yip, all is right with the world!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...