Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter at the Orphanage

Some of the English Club, Lea and I went tonight to the orphanage to have a special "English Club" for Easter. We took presents and Easter eggs and Lea made balloon bunnies. All in all it was a great time. A lot of chaos and shouting and "teta Belinda, teta Belinda, teta Belinda" ("aunty Belinda, aunty Belinda, aunty Belinda") and great fun games:And then balloon animals with Lea: (this is THE quietest I have ever seen these kids!!)
She only made one, because we didn't think they could wait for her to make for all of them. So she worked hard beforehand and made a whole lot in advance: here they are pictured on her couch (aren't they just sooo cute!):
And here I am with the teacher/carer Dushka. It is in her "family" that we have the club. There are 8 "families" in the home each with between 8-9 children. She is always happy to have us, and it is great having her around for crowd control. She has been there for 15 years and she really loves those children! What was also great to see (besides seeing all my old friends again) is that some of the English is actually sinking in. When we first started going no one could even say "Hello, my name is...." and now all of them can! And they all know "heads, shoulders, knees and toes" backwards!!

3 comments:

Shilo said...

Bless you all for loving up on those kids during this special season! Your reward is waiting for you!

Anonymous said...

And here's me!
It was really fun and thanks Lea for ballons!!!
Thank you, dear B, and all those who care for the children in the orphanage!!

Anonymous said...

and why am I anonymous??
I'm not!!!
I'm TANJA!! LOL
kiss for u!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...