Monday, March 23, 2009

Preaching...

One of the things that I have been privileged to do each of the times that I am "home" in South Africa is to preach in my home church, Claremont Methodist. This time I ended up preaching on the last Sunday that I am here -which turned out well as they pray for me at the end of the service as well...

The sermon was on "Endurance:being true to what you believe" and I was given two passages to preach on Nehemiah 6:1-16 and John 15:18-16:4. I really enjoyed preparing the sermon as it was a message I needed to hear myself, and it is always good to have to work through what God is saying to me so I can share it with others!

Here is a little sample of it for those who couldn't join us...
video

I was encouraged and a little daunted by the amount of people who came just to hear me preach!! I was also very encouraged by the responses I got and I just hope that the Lord used me to talk to people where they are!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...