Friday, March 27, 2009

Back in Banja Luka!! And some GREAT NEWS...

Well, I arrived safely in Banja Luka after a fairly nice trip: on the 12 hour overnight Cape Town-Frankfurt leg I had two seats to myself (and there were only two seats together) so I could stretch out quite nicely, which was great! Ljilja and Dragana came up to Zagreb to fetch me in Miika's big jeep and it was really nice to have someone waiting for me instead of doing it by bus... it wasn't cheaper, but with Ljilja driving it was definitely faster! (and much more comfy!)

Yesterday I spent unpacking and sorting out stuff and visiting Dragana's family and while returning the jeep visiting with Miika's family as well. I was in bed and asleep by 8.30!!

Then this morning I got a voicemail message on my phone to say that I needed to phone the British Embassy in Sarajevo. (They had left the message on Wednesday, but the voicemail notifications take 2 days to come through!) I phoned and found out that I have my registration certificate: this means that after a little ceremony in Sarajevo, where I pledge alegiance to the Queen, I will be a British Citizen!!! And the best news is that it takes about 3 weeks to get my British passport so I will be able to get it before I have to travel to Hungary for a conference at the end of May (otherwise I would have to get a visa for Hungary, so this is indeed great news!!)

So, as you can imagine I am a very happy bunny right now!!

6 comments:

Craig, Taryn and our blessings said...

that is good news indeed! :) Glad you are back safe and sound. Off to check out your scrapbook now :)

Jacqui said...

YAY that is good news!!!! Thrilled for you

Becky Aguirre said...

Wow! Congratulations on the citizenship! Sounds like it will make travel much easier...

Shilo said...

Welcome to your other home! And congrats on the citizenship! That is wonderful!

Max said...

YEA!!! Only needing a visa for Bosnia... what a novel thought!! I am so excited for you!
Come & see us on your way to or fro to Sarajevo and we will celebrate!(Don't have any Marmite, but do have Dr Pepper & M&M's!)
blessings,
Liz, Max & Jedidiah

Belinda Chaplin said...

Thanks everyone - yes I am very excited. And traveling will be MUCH easier and cheaper- I don't have to get a 60Euro visa to go to neighbouring countries anymore!!
Sorry, Liz I will probably go down to Sarajevo on the train, so no stopping off on the way I am afraid:( maybe next time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...