Tuesday, February 17, 2009

School of Field Journalism

I am attending classes this week at YWAM Muizenberg's "SOFJ" (it is all about the acronyms in YWAM/Youth With A Mission). This week is on "Writing for Missions" and it has been a great two days so far. One of the exercises we had to do today was just write as much as we could for 10 minutes and see what comes out: this is part of what I wrote and it sums up what I think of the week so far. Now I haven't edited it all, and looking through it now I would change a few things - but it is also quite good to see the "raw footage" so to speak! I hope you enjoy it:

What a blessing to just sit back and listen to Tim and Bryan {the speakers} and learn from them. God is showing me so much about Himself and reminding me what I am doing in Bosnia is all about Him and about bringing people to worship Him. Sometimes when you are in the midst of it all you forget the why: you focus on the task to be done, the what: and forget the why. And so it has been great to be able to remember the why while I am here. Also for God to be telling me more about why He wants me to be involved in writing and communication – it is not about the fact that I love writing and want to do it as it is something I enjoy – but it is about Him and bringing all the glory back to Him. It is about sharing the stories, bringing the glory back to Him. I am so excited about being a part of worshipping Him in this way.

1 comment:

Shilo said...

What a really neat perspective on the why of communicating with our ministry partners! I hadn't really thought of it that way before. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...