Saturday, January 24, 2009

Strandfontein...

Today, for my friend, Brett's birthday party we took the 16 kids from a Children's Home and 6 of their carers to the beach for an outing: what a great way to spend the day! I got to be in the sea (for the first time since coming home!) and help out a great cause!

The organisors don't want (recognisable) pics of the kids to be put on the internet, so here are some showing the action without the kids...

Singing Happy Birthday to Brett - Heather's thumb was the candle: and Brett has already blown it out in this shot:
This is me with my friend Heather who was the main organisor and she has a PhD in organisation!
Ok: see if you can spot me: yes, I was the WHITEST person on the beach!!
I just love this picture of Rory = you try and explain that sunburn pattern (and yes he is hanging on to his pants for dear life!!)
Most of the time I was in the sea with the kids, having a great time; but, because I am still very white I did try and spend some time under the umbrella looking after (and feeding) the babies: so I am not horribly red, but just a slight shade of piiiink!

The kids and their carers had a wonderful time - and were all so grateful. They were all thanking us so much and I just kept saying "why are you thanking us? For having a good time ourselves?"! All in all it was a great way to celebrate Brett's birthday and give the kids and their carers a lovely day out...

2 comments:

Shilo said...

You guys are so sweet to give those kids a memorable day! They are blessed (and I know you were in return too!).

Mgli said...

Yes, indeed! You do beautiful work! Nice profile-picture by the way. I hope you are having a great time!!! I have exams now, but Wednesday is my last one. I hope I did a litle bit good.
Big hug, Magali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...