I was tagged with this list on a friend's Blog - if you read this and have your own blog, consider yourself tagged! Go on, put it it on your blog too!
Anything I have done is BOLDED with comments in red underneath.
I hope you enjoy finding out a bit more about me...look forward to seeing yours!!
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
Worship team at Church: guitar and bass
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
Camp Rio, Croatia, 1999, AMAZING!
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/World
Went to Disneyworld with my parents when I was 23…it was interesting!
8. Climbed a mountain
Table Mountain in Cape Town count?
9. Held a praying mantis
Not difficult for me as we have loads of them in Cape Town.
10. Sang a solo
And sung a duet in front of 1000 people YFC Camp 1990!
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
Been in the airport only... hate that airport
13. Watched a lightning storm
On the beach once over the ocean even - amazing!
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
No, but I was at the bottom
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
Technically I didn’t sleep as I can’t on moving things: but I have been on two 25 hour trips on trains from Cape Town to Johannesburg and back (remember that trip Jax and Nikki!)
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
no comment :-)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
no comment :-)
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
And went on the Maid of the Mist from both sides
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
Been to see where my Grandmother was born in London (it was a pub and I left my A-Z there by mistake…) and to Aberdeen where my Great-Grandfather was from
35. Seen an Amish community
No, but I did have an Amish girl on one of the teams I have hosted!
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (this seems like an oxymoron)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
I am from there!!
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
Once spent the night on a beach for New Year’s
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
Snorkeling at Lake Malawi
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
Those were the days…
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
Hermanus near Cape Town – land based whale watching! And I even swam about 50m from a whale once!
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
No, but I have been IN one
69. Saved my favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
Albeit a little one
73. Stood in Times Square
My folks and I stayed in a hotel around the corner from Times Square!
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
With Helen in 1997 – after being in London 6 months!
77. Broken a bone
I broke my femur by falling out of a high chair when I was 9 months: so I don’t remember a thing!
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
More than once…this year I am trying to do it in one year…
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
I helped anyway: held it down and then plucked it – a chicken called Henrietta on DTS outreach
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a beeSo go out and multiply this on your blogs!!!