Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tagged...

I was tagged with this list on a friend's Blog - if you read this and have your own blog, consider yourself tagged! Go on, put it it on your blog too!

Anything I have done is BOLDED with comments in red underneath.

I hope you enjoy finding out a bit more about me...look forward to seeing yours!!

1. Started your own blog

2. Slept under the stars

3. Played in a band

Worship team at Church: guitar and bass

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower

Camp Rio, Croatia, 1999, AMAZING!

6. Given more than you can afford to charity

7. Been to Disneyland/World

Went to Disneyworld with my parents when I was 23…it was interesting!

8. Climbed a mountain
Table Mountain in Cape Town count?

9. Held a praying mantis

Not difficult for me as we have loads of them in Cape Town.

10. Sang a solo

And sung a duet in front of 1000 people YFC Camp 1990!

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris

Been in the airport only... hate that airport

13. Watched a lightning storm

On the beach once over the ocean even - amazing!

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch

15. Adopted a child

16. Had food poisoning

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty

No, but I was at the bottom

18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train

Technically I didn’t sleep as I can’t on moving things: but I have been on two 25 hour trips on trains from Cape Town to Johannesburg and back (remember that trip Jax and Nikki!)

21. Had a pillow fight

Often!

22. Hitch hiked

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill

no comment :-)

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb

26. Gone skinny dipping

no comment :-)

27. Run a Marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset

Often!!

31. Hit a home run

32. Been on a cruise

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

And went on the Maid of the Mist from both sides

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors

Been to see where my Grandmother was born in London (it was a pub and I left my A-Z there by mistake…) and to Aberdeen where my Great-Grandfather was from

35. Seen an Amish community

No, but I did have an Amish girl on one of the teams I have hosted!

36. Taught yourself a new language

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (this seems like an oxymoron)

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant

44. Visited Africa

I am from there!!

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

Once spent the night on a beach for New Year’s

46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had your portrait painted

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

Snorkeling at Lake Malawi

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater

Those were the days…

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies

62. Gone whale watching

Hermanus near Cape Town – land based whale watching! And I even swam about 50m from a whale once!

63. Got flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check

68. Flown in a helicopter

No, but I have been IN one

69. Saved my favorite childhood toy.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten caviar

72. Pieced a quilt

Albeit a little one

73. Stood in Times Square

My folks and I stayed in a hotel around the corner from Times Square!

74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

With Helen in 1997 – after being in London 6 months!

77. Broken a bone

I broke my femur by falling out of a high chair when I was 9 months: so I don’t remember a thing!

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper

85. Read the entire Bible

More than once…this year I am trying to do it in one year…

86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

I helped anyway: held it down and then plucked it – a chicken called Henrietta on DTS outreach

88. Had chickenpox

89. Saved someone’s life

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous

92. Joined a book club

93. Lost a loved one

94. Had a baby

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone

99. Been stung by a bee

So go out and multiply this on your blogs!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...