Friday, December 26, 2008

Graduation for Beginner's English Class...

Ok, we have a tradition in our classes: if your mobile phone goes off you have to bring pizza or cake to make up for it. During the year, pretty much everyone's (including my) phone had gone off and so I told everyone that they had to make something and bring it along for our graduation party... I baked up a storm - I made double of everything as I am having another party tomorrow night for the English Club: Pumpkin pie, Lemon meringue pie and brownies!!!Here we are with our sumptious spread: and some husbands and kids as well...
Ljilja came for a bit and hung out with Mihajlo - our youngest class member:Here are the graduates and their diplomas: Mirela, Stana, Zeljka, Bozana, Tanja and Sedina in front. Merima our seventh graduate couldn't make it...
Now, I have a fun story: I have a problem with pronouncing "Zeljka" as I can't get the "lj" in the middle of the word: so she became known as "Zelka"... and this was a bit of a class joke... When I was typing out the diplomas I somehow mistyped and so she became "Zelka" on that as well! I will fix it - but it was pretty funny as it was totally unconscious!!

It is actually kind of sad to have to finish the year as we have had a great time together - and it is great to see people who at the beginning of the year couldn't even say "hello my name is..." talking up a storm in English now!

3 comments:

Mgli said...

I want brownies!!! Really, I want them! I remember they were soooo gooood, the last (and only) time I ate you're brownies! Hmm!!

Shilo said...

Yum! Looks like fun!

Belinda Chaplin said...

Hey - Magali...It was only because of Aleksandra from English Club that I even made them - she begged and begged!!

They aren't hard to make and the recipe is on the blog :-)

And Shilo - it was fun!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...