Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Children's Home English

Last night we were again at the Orphanage to teach English and Lea remembered her camera, so here are some pictures: Here am I with Nemanje:Vanja and Ceca (volunteers from our English Conversation Club) were going over vocab we learnt last week: Vanja would say "I am wearing a green sweater" and then Ceca's hands would have to show what Vanja was saying: great way to go keep attention! (not always the easiest task with a room full of very loud kids!)And here is Ceca (with Kosta) showing the book we are using:Danijela, Maja, Ceca, Cvijan and Kosta:
Favourite game: "Simon says": I love it when I say "Simon says: 'Be Quiet' " and then they all have to be quiet or be out of the game when they talk!! (Did I mention they can be loud??)
Handing out prizes at the end: Momir, Mario, Darko and Nemanje:I always give prizes to those who win the games, but from time to time try and give all the kids prizes because "we are all winners". I finally remembered to take the choccies that my sister-in-law gave me when I was in England to give to the kids: they enjoyed them a LOT. I am not really sure how much English the kids are learning, but they love (and need) the attention (and of course the prizes!!) so that keeps us going...

1 comment:

Shilo said...

Bless you for loving up on those kids! They will not forget you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...