Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Twins...

Today we went to go visit the Twins, Daliborka and Dajana. We met them through one of our humanitarian aid projects a couple of years ago and we just love them. They are doing much better now so don't need humanitarian aid, so we haven't been to see them (or their mom) for AGES. Here is Dajana, Ljilja, Daliborka and I:
Their mom (and dad) are both deaf and dumb and never learnt sign language, yet they manage to communicate and their mom is a real teaser. I knew she would make a comment about my weight and I hadn't even made it through the door when she puffed out her cheeks and made as if she was really big and pointed at me and then wagged her finger at me!! (you have put on weight you naughty girl!). I put my finger to my lips (be quiet!!). Here we are with their mom:And me again with the Dajana and Daliborka and yes they are twins even though they are very different! They are very sweet and VERY young (only just 20): they were talking about a neighbour who looked really good for his age - you couldn't tell how old he was. Ljilja asked how old he is and Daliborka said "well he is almost 30"... Ljilja said "can I give you a hug?"... "do you know how I am almost 30, and Belinda is 34": and they couldn't believe it!!! Oh, to be young again!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...