Friday, October 17, 2008

London

I am only here for a day, but I am footloose and fancy free as my friends both work - so what to do? I have never been to the Imperial War Museum and I fancied going there - so I headed there. It was really well done, but of course very sad: the displays on Ethnic Cleansing and the Holocaust were both very moving. Here is the main hall with the spitfires and other planes from both world wars: I then caught a bus which just happened to go past the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben: Trafalgar Square with Nelson's Column:And on to Piccadilly Circus:

I alighted there to walk to Covent Garden and Leicester Square, where I took a picture of my namesake: before heading back to Wimbledon on the tube to enjoy time with my friends Dave and Sarah and their twins!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...