Monday, October 06, 2008

I live in a village...

Although I am only 10 minutes walk away from the centre of Banja Luka, for a long time I have been convinced that my part of the city is like a village. Everyone knows everyone else's business and sometimes things happen which just confirm the village-like nature of this suburb.

And two examples from this week spring to mind: On Wednesday after my mom left, I was driving to home group, but stopped to chat to my landlady who was in the street talking to a neighbour I know vaguely. The NEIGHBOUR asked me "so has your mom left already?" I haven't ever really talked to her and yet she knew my mom had been visiting...

Then this morning on my way back from walking with Cindi (we have been walking around the park every day and I must say I am enjoying it!) I heard my landlady and her daughter's mother-in-law in the back garden doing something. I went in that way to say "hello" and guess what: they were busy slaughtering and plucking chickens... yip I live in a village!

1 comment:

Mgli said...

Hehe =p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...