Tuesday, October 07, 2008

God's great grace...

It has been one of those days...lots of things going on, team meeting and Tuesdays are my busiest day anyway - and in between I am frantically changing plans for my UK trip (I leave on Monday so for me this is pretty last minute - but that is another whole story...). Luckily Ivana invited us last minute to have lunch at her house (we love Ivana - a nice home cooked meal with great company instead of a rushed hamburger suits me any day!)

At 3ish, Ljilja was going visiting new families for the sponsorship project with Mirjam and I had English Class and English Club from 4pm. After Ljilja left I saw the huge pile of dishes, and despite not having much time myself I decided instead of carrying on with the trip planning and train/bus ticket buying that I would do the dishes... despite the fact that it is Ljilja's turn (or maybe because it was!)

So, at 9, after English Club (which was great - 10 people came plus David and Lea and we had a great time!) Ljilja came to get me and she hadn't been home yet. I got in the car and we were waiting for David and Ljilja was talking about how tired she was, and then she realised that she had ALL those dishes waiting at home..."Oh no, I have to do that pile of dishes". I said to her "well maybe someone was wonderful...". At first she couldn't believe it, and then well, it made her cry because there is nothing she hates more than washing dishes...

Then, David got in the car: and all Ljilja said to him was "Belinda made me cry" (so you can imagine what he was thinking! But luckily she went on to tell him the whole story!)

But then it got me to thinking: this is a reminder of what God's grace should be like in our lives: something that we don't deserve, something we are dreading being completely turned around into something wonderful, being overwhelmed by a gesture that was made 2000 years ago every day: not letting it get old, but being struck each day by how lucky we are. And it does feel good when the dishes are done for you (I need to insert here that Ljilja does my dishes at times - but I have never cried!) when you least expect it. May God's grace be like that for you: something amazing found in places you don't expect it.

2 comments:

Mgli said...

God is so great. Thanks for letting me remembering it.
Big hug, Magali

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being such a great friend! It reminds me of how Deb and I care for each other. But thanks especially for reminding me that God is always greater and does much greater things for me than I can imagine! I take for granted every day the people, places, gifts, framily and life that He has give me!
I love you, Honey!!! : )
Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...