Sunday, September 21, 2008

FINALLY!!!

Dragan and Sonja got married!! When I met them 5 years ago they had already been going out 4-5 years, so it is about time!! They even put on their invitations "we know you have been waiting for this for a long time". Ljilja couldn't make it as she is (lucky bum!) in London for the weekend at an Alpha conference-having a wonderful time...

Despite the rain and the cool weather, it was a really great wedding! They had two couples come from the US for the wedding (one stayed at our place): the husband of one to be the best man and the wife of the other to be the maid of honour. The only real hiccup at the wedding was because the best man had forgotten his passport at home (and he needed it as he was signing official documents as the witness): but luckily they grudgingly let him use his driver's license...

Otherwise it was also fun as Dragana and I were involved in putting corsages (of rosemary) on all the guests (one of the traditions) before the ceremony: which kept us out of mischief. And the church ceremony itself was lovely as the church where it was held was light and airy and the priests were actually smiling! Then we went to the restaurant and the official ceremony (with the justice of the peace: they have them separately here) was held there which was really nice. The food was fantastic, the company was good and there was dancing (my favourite part!!).

And I love being able to be a part of peoples' big day: especially when it has been soooo long coming!!!

Here are some pictures:
At the church: And during the ceremony:
At the restaurant: the first dance!
And me with the lovely bride and proud groom. Don't they make a gorgeous couple. As it was so cold I didn't get to wear my "wedding dress"!! (the dress I have worn to every other wedding in the last two years: this would have been the 6th!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Bee! I have not been on your blog in forever! I forgot about Olja's baby coming, the weddings, etc.! I went with Corina to the airport and met your dear friend, Janice. What a sweetheart! I only spent about an hour with her but think she is just precious! It made me think about your blog. So when I got on and started looking I realized that it has been a while since I checked it! Sounds like you've been very busy!!! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Much love to you from the USA!
Pam
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...