Friday, August 15, 2008

car saga continueth...

Well, after a lot of running to and fro and hassles etc, etc, it is now officially fixed, but it cost me a LOT. The worst thing is that the reason it was broken was that someone had put back the speedometer-so it only read 1/2 of what it had really done and messed up the instrument panel by doing that. This also explains why it is breaking down as much as it does: it has gone a LOT further than I thought it had. Anyway, the funny thing is that now with the "new" instrument panel which we took from another car it only reads 1/3 of what it has actually done: 81000km!! So I can get a better price for it: if I was dishonest...

Now let it be said: I love my car- it is a great car to drive and it has aircon (what's not to love!) and I am getting to know car mechanics quite well through owning it :-) but I am sick of it being broken! I guess I am also sad that I got diddled by the guy who sold me the car, but what can you expect? That is what it is like in the world where people are out to make a fast buck and don't care who gets hurt in the process. Now I have to debate whether to sell the car or to keep it and keep paying the price for my naivety-the horrible thing is we had it checked out before we bought it, but we never checked the electronics - now I know better: they are the most expensive part!

Anyway, tomorrow I head to a joint wedding in Zenica in it (and I will stay on for a goodbye party on Monday in Sarajevo), so here's hoping the mechanic is right and that it is really fixed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're not alone with car repair bills...... my car is gonna cost me $1200+ to fix a computer problem! Yikes!
I feel your pain!
Gotta do what we gotta do!
Take care,
Luanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...