Sunday, May 04, 2008

A big milestone for me...

Everyone always asks me if I am fluent in the language and it is very difficult to say "yes" without appearing a bit proud... and I always acknowledge that it is God who has given me the language ability that He has and I am amazed at how far I have come and how much I can do. But I reached a milestone today...

I often translate into English as of course that is the easy way round - and I translate into Serbian for small groups or meetings (or one-on-one) but I have never translated in front of a big group into Serbian... until today!

There is a team from the US here for a week. And one of them was preaching this morning in church and Olja, who usually does the translation in Serbian, was sick so there was no one else to translate... and so I stepped up to the plate... and it went much better than I thought it would - and now I know that I can actually do it, I will be doing it more often...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bee-Girl!! Here I am with the first blog comment! I know it really doesn't count because Deb is not able to write....it would be funny if she would try though because of the pain meds she is on : ) Thanks for chatting today! And way to go on your new translation experience! People like you and Lili who know more than one language are amazing to me! God really has given a talent to you! There are people that are very grateful that you are willing to share it!

Love to you both!!
Pammie (& Deb too)

Anonymous said...

i may be on pain killers BUT i CAN READ! she is such a crazy American girl :-) i am very proud of you and your new translation "feat" - you rock - my sweet pea! i knew you could do it! (i am trying to correct my errors - so hopefully htis will read smoothly :-)). you have fun with it and keep doing it okay? i love you - ME (ps, why is there a wheel chair by the box? that is really weird - hmmmmmmmmm makes you think, doesnt it?) im going to go to bed now - good thing hun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...