Monday, April 07, 2008

Sarajevo and Janice and Schengen visa...

I just got back from a great weekend trip to Sarajevo to visit and hang out with Janice. I wanted to visit her before she left (she leaves in 2 weeks :-( to go eventually to work in Israel and I am soooo going to miss her). I also went to hand in the stuff for my Schengen visa for Slovakia (so I can go to the YWAM CE leader's consulation and CE area conference) and to collect the DVD for "Glad you asked" which we will be starting on Wednesday night with members of our English Club.

I successfully handed in everything for the visa in the end - I had to get the guarantee letter certified at the Bosnian Chamber for Foreign Trade and at first it looked as if they wouldn't be able to to it for me as I am not a Bosnian citizen, but luckily they managed to do it. When I was at the Slovakian embassy, I didn't have the correct amount in Euros so I didn't pay (She very kindly said I can pay when I collect it). Later the (very nice) lady at the embassy called me to tell me that in fact it wasn't 35Euros (about $55/R442) as she had originally said, but 60Euros (about $95/R750) as I am not a Bosnian. The 35Euros is for Bosnians only. I was a little shocked as even 35Euros is pretty steep, but what can I do? It is too late now - I really want to go to the conference so I will have to just pay the cost. But this is just getting ridiculous!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...