Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Indian...

So, I have to admit that I made quite a funny language mistake (PTL I don't make many - but this one is too good not to share). I am busy organising the paperwork for a guarantee letter for an Indian musician Benny Prasad who will be coming at the end of May as he travels around Europe. He has been awarded as the most traveled Indian musician ever and intends to go to every country in the world. He will be holding one concert in Banja Luka in between Montenegro and Turkey. It is quite cool that he is coming here!!

Anyway, I was telling Dragana about it and used the word "Indijanac" which I thought was for "Indian". She got so excited about him coming and was asking whether he was married and what did he look like... I was thinking it was weird that she was getting so excited and eventually I said "but wait, he is an Indian from India" and she says oh an "Indijac"... It turns out that the word "Indijanac" is what they use for "American Indian" and that was why she was getting so excited!! So now at least I know the right word!

1 comment:

David Symon said...

Haha, na ceskom Ind=Indijac, Indián=Indijanac. Uzivaj, ucenje jezika izgleda da nikad ne prestaje:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...