Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hot cross buns and Dragana...

I love hot cross buns and they don't exist here, so I decided this year that I would once again make some to remind me of Easter and also to share with people here! Orthodox Easter is only in April this year (they use a different calendar and so sometimes it falls on a different weekend) and so it really doesn't feel like Easter here at all yet...

This afternoon we were picking up Dragana at the bus station and taking her home - she was returning after trying (unsuccessfully) to get a Swiss visa to visit family that live there. So I thought I would make a batch and take them to one of my favourite Bosnian families... They turned out great and they loved them!! (ok I cheated and used the bread machine for the dough but it means I can make more batches... kneading by hand is for the birds!!)

Ok, on the way in the car to take Dragana home, Ljilja and I were reminded why we love her so much: She was complaining about how much many she had wasted in Sarajevo on trying to get the visa, and on taxis to get around... She then said "and I hate taxi drivers, they are all murderers, and rapists etc. man I keep thinking they are just going to attack me". (now for those of you that don't know, Ljilja's dad is a taxi driver) and then the penny dropped to whom she was talking!!!!!!!!!!!! She constantly has her foot in her mouth!!! But we still love her!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...