Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dubrovnik Retreat

I have been waiting for 6 months to go on the "Women of the Harvest" retreat in Dubrovnik - ever since I signed up last September. It is supposed to be amazing - and I would be rooming with my good friend Janice. And then I was really sick... but PTL was getting better and seemed to be well enough to go. However, on Thursday, when we were supposed to go (Ljilja and I were driving together - she would spend the weekend with her family in Trebinje which is 30km from Dubrovnik) it was snowing really badly and I just didn't have peace about going through the snow. We decided not to go, but to see how it was on Friday and try and go then. On Friday it wasn't snowing, and we headed out. This is what we found at the top of the pass (Maklen, 1163m high). Later we heard that on the Thursday there had been loads of accidents and cars left up there, so it was a good thing we didn't go... it was bad enough on the Friday!The retreat was FANTASTIC and despite missing an entire day I still got a lot out of it, so I was really glad that I decided to go. It was in a nice 4 star hotel - with great food, good teaching and loads of laughter. And all of this was sponsored for us, we only paid a deposit and had to get there! What a blessing!I also got to enjoy a really fantastic sunset: I do miss "sundowners" on the beach in Cape Town!
And I got to catch up a bit with Janice, which was really great! Here we are down at the beach... After the conference finished on Sunday afternoon, I went to Trebinje for Sunday night to spend a little time with Ljilja's family and finally meet baby Mirko (Sladjana and Iko's little boy). Here he is - what a cutie-pie! He is 4 months old and already a heart breaker!
And then it was drive back the 6 hours to Banja Luka and back to "reality"!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there and that "it was worth it".
Blessings,
Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...