Friday, February 22, 2008

Brain donor moment

This is another phrase that not everyone will know: it basically means that you are not using your brain at all and so it should be donated to someone else who might actually use it.

So the definition of a brain donor moment is the following: I am all set to go Zagreb, Croatia tomorrow with Ljilja to get our dear friend Corina. I had organised Kuna so we can pay for the road tolls, I have snacks for us to eat in the car, I have checked the air pressure on the car tyres. All set to go...

Until I realised I had had a complete brain donor moment earlier this week: as I need to get a visa for Austria I had left my passport in Sarajevo with a friend, who will be doing the group visa for us. Now Ljilja had also left her passport, but she can go into Croatia on her id document, but I need my passport, which was because of my brain donor moment, conveniently 4 hours drive away in Sarajevo. So if anyone out there needs a brain, please let me know as I am obviously not using mine...

(the good news is that luckily I realised what I had done before the last bus
left Sarajevo for Banja Luka, and my friends, Janice and Mirjam(I love you guys!), went and gave it to the driver who will give it to us on this end for a small fee. The bad news is the bus gets into Banja Luka at 3am. But my wonderful Ljilja has already said she will go and I can sleep... and now at least I can go tomorrow with Ljilja - otherwise she would have had to go by herself!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...