Monday, January 14, 2008

Express Phone Delivery

Ok, I suppose that I should be used to it after being here 7 years (almost- in 2 days is the anniversary!), but even I had a laugh at this one...

I need to get a new cell phone. My one has developed the interesting habit of turning itself off and on when I use the "7" key (and some other keys as well, but EVERY time I push the 7 it turns itself off and on). Now try writing an sms without the 7 key and you will see why this is a problem. (I must boast that I did manage to send Ljilja a message by substituting z for s, l for r and b for p and she actually understood it!!!) But because when the phone turns itself off and on it loses whatever you have written in the message this just got too frustrating and I have now given up and decided to get a new phone...

Now after shopping around the best deal I can get right now is through my network by signing up for 2 year contract. As I am already on contract, it just makes sense to get the phone through them. They have an "Express Delivery" service to your house if you phone a number. So I am thinking "express delivery" means like "same day" or at least "next day". I phone and I order the phone and give my details and it takes forEVER and then the lady says "and your phone will be delivered to you in 5-8 working days". I say "what?" and she says "we send it through Fed-Ex and they take 5-8 days to deliver."

Now I am going to England next week and the reason I need the phone now is to take it with me... so this is not okay!! Anyway in the end they said I can phone Fed Ex and get it delivered in time, so it shouldn't be a problem - but I just think it is great that "Express Delivery" actually means "5-8 working days" who would have thought!?!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...