Sunday, November 25, 2007

USB Weekend...

The EUS USB-United Students of the Bible meetings happened in Banja Luka this weekend. We haven't got together since camp at the end of July, so it was really great to catch up with everyone. Here are most of us on Friday night at our house: I decided for dessert to make pumpkin pie, (with the butternut I have that Dragana's dad grew for me this year) seeing that it was American Thanksgiving on Thursday and Jenny and Tiffany were with us. Here we are with the half of one pie that we hadn't eat yet. And even if I say so myself it was GOOOOOOOOD!!!
Besides Jenny and Tiff, we also had Jan and Anneriet from Holland staying with us for the weekend and along with them, their very very very cute son Joas. (Who was sooo good my landlady, who lives upstairs, didn't even know we had a baby in the house!!) Here we are:
So what did we do at the USB? We had some worship, some teaching, some discussions, some hanging out and most of all fun!! Here we are during one of the sessions: On Saturday after the rest of the people left, and Jan and Anneriet and Joas were visiting other friends, Jenny, Tiffany, Ljilja and I went to coffee at what is fast becoming my favourite place in Banja Luka as they actually have proper English Tea (and is the first place I have found in Banja Luka to have it!). The weather was really nice (well for this time of the year) so we got to sit outside!Unfortunately Tiff got really ill on Saturday night and so is still with us having not been able to return to Zenica on the train today, Sunday - as Americans would say "bless her heart" or South Africans "shame, poor thing". I feel quite bad because I was jokingly trying to get her to stay one more night and then when she HAD to, I felt quite guilty! But I figure if she is going to get sick away from home, it is good that she is here with us, so we can give her good care because we wuv her!

1 comment:

Jana said...

It's just like you to get someone sick for selfish purposes....

Kidding! Glad you guys had fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...