Saturday, August 04, 2007

Go Team...

We have a team of 13 young people from Holland here right now. They are aged 15 to 27, so when I say young, I mean young! The are here just for a week, and are doing various activities - including cleaning out the Fellowship building (very necessary!) to painting for two of our project families, to running an English Club for 3 days. It is great fun to have them!

Tonight and tomorrow night they have evenings with the people from our Dorcas Aid project. We had a time where we just hung out together, they made balloons for the children and we tried to find a common language (hands and feet!). Then the team introduced themselves and told a bit about Dorcas (which is a Dutch organisation!) and then did a drama where they presented the Gospel message. Here are some pics... On a side note, I started off by translating for Sinisa (see above pic) into English, which I do often and that isn't a problem for me in front of people... it was only after the team started to talk that I realised (having not thought about it!!) that I now had to translate into Serbian - which I can do, but have never done it in front of a crowd (usually do it in smaller situations). It was a good thing that I was so busy preparing for the evening that it never occurred to me that I would have to do it... and it went really well, thankfully- especially when they were explaining the drama!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...