Sunday, July 08, 2007

New Car!!!

I think that Ljilja is more excited about this than I am, but I am pretty stoked! My little Mazda has started giving up the ghost (I have taken it to the mechanic 8 times in the past year) so I started looking for a new car. I had some money saved up and so it just seemed like God had worked it all out for me to be able to afford a "new" car.
I was looking for a long while for this, and yesterday it all came together. Everything I wanted for a really good price. This is the first car that I have gone out and bought (the Mazda I bought from my colleagues and so it isn't the same) and so it was pretty cool! Before we finally bought it, I took it to my mechanic and he gave it a once over and approved -he takes good care of me, and I trust his opinion - he said it was in "great shape".
So, details - for the girls it is metallic silver Peugeot 206. For the boys it is a year 2000 1,1l engine with aircon (yay!) and powersteering. It cost 10000KM (about R45000) which includes a year's registration (which is worth about 450KM or R2000) and the best part is that it all happened here in Banja Luka - I was worried that I would have to go somewhere else to buy it as I was not finding anything. And I don't have to worry about registering it until next year!!

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very fun - congratulations!

Jana said...

niiiiiiiiiiice... what happened to the old one? i'm kind of sad to see it go =( nice car though!

Belinda C said...

The old car is becoming Hiba's!! It is in her name anyway, and so I offered to her first and am letting her pay it off so she can get the money together...so it is hopefully going to bless her...(I had it serviced and will get the tyres and the exhaust fixed before handing it over!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...