Monday, June 11, 2007

Pictures from Hvar...


Hvar is an island off the coast of Croatia and it is well worth a visit. Cath, Ljilja and I went for 4 days to stay with my friend Natalija (okay she is Ljilja's friend as well!) who is an island native - there are only 13000 of them on the 67km long island. It takes 1 hour and 45 mins to get by ferry from Split to Stari grad (or old town) where Natalija stays and it immediately gets you in the holiday mood!!



Here we all are, Cathi, Natalija, Ljilja and myself.







Despite changeable weather we did get some swimming and tanning in - I am putting this pic in just to make the people who are freezing down in Cape Town jealous!! I also got through two good books and generally had a great, relaxing time!




We did do some sight-seeing in Stari grad, Hvar and Vrboska. Here is a pic Cath took in Stari grad which I think is just lovely and gives you a taste of what the architecture on the island is like!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mission accomplished, I'm definitely jealous!
- Nikki Homann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...