Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A little gem of a verse...

I have been reading through The Message Bible for the past year and a half. I finished the New Testament and am up to Proverbs now in the Old, and last night, I found what I think is going to become my motto verse:

"Do your best, prepare for the worst, then trust God to bring victory" Proverbs 21:31 (The Message)

I think this summarises my look at life here in Bosnia. I need to do my best in everything that I do, I also need to prepare for the fact that maybe nothing will come of that what I am doing (and not be disappointed!!) - but always unexpectedly, and in ways beyond what I can think or imagine, I can trust that God will come through and bring victory. It is up to me to do my best in what He has given me to do, and He will be the one who will bring the victory!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Good post... It is always good to hear and be reminded that we are to be faithful even in the disappointments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...