Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Germany!!!

I have just got back from YWAM Europe's Festival of the Nations which was held in Germany. It was a phenomenal experience - with over 1000 people attending from all over Europe who are working in YWAM. There was a big session every evening, workshops and seminars during the day and just so many people to catch up with or meet for the first time that I am so glad I managed to be a part of it!

Here is the main tent on Sunday morning when we joined in with the Global Day of Prayer.

This is just to get an idea of what it looked like from the back. This is when Loren Cunningham, the founder of YWAM was speaking at the last evening session. It really was amazing to hear him speak - even at 70 his is full of fire!

We had a leetle adventure on the way back up to Berlin. When we had to change trains, the train that pulled up to the platform was the right number and arrived 3 minutes before ours was supposed to leave - how were we supposed to know that it was actually going in the wrong direction??!!! Luckily there were 4 of us so it wasn't too bad waiting for the next train back the way we came for an HOUR in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!! Here is Anna from Russia, Johnny from Northern Ireland (who leads the Belfast base), and my friend Doreen from England (with whom I shared a hotel room in Berlin before flying out the next day back to Bosnia...).

All in all it was a fantastic experience and I am so glad that I got to be a part of it - great memories: being snuck into the VIP lounge by Benny the Most Travelled Indian Musician ever - check his website at bennyprasad.com - so I could get my afternoon cup of tea; talking to Loren Cunningham and getting him to sign one of his books for Ljilja; getting a free cup of tea at Berlin airport -where it is normally 2.2oEuros because I had my own tea bag(!); typing the announcements LIVE onto the big screen one evening; all in all a GREAT TIME!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...