Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Big Sunday!

I had the privilege of preaching in my home church at all 3 services on Sunday. The topic was Evangelism and I think I did a pretty okay job of it, PTL, while having fun in the process. I started off speaking in Bosnian which threw everyone off- but I did it to make a point (I didn't just do it to show off!) and used a few stories of my life in Bosnia, so I think it was not only a good sermon, but also a little look into what my life is like over there.


After the morning service we had my minister, Mark and his wife Wendy and their girls, plus Dave and Arja de Korte and their girls over for tea. Cath invited herself as "rentacrowd" - her words not mine - but brought the MOST delicious hummingbird cake so she was most welcome! My dad has made a wonderland for the grandkids in the back garden and so the kids did not want to leave! Especially after he brought out the bottle rocket launcher!


After they left, we had lunch and a short break, and then my gran arrived for her birthday tea (for her 86th birthday - go Mama!). We got to talk to my sister in the UK and family on Skype (and James, my 6 year old nephew even played happy birthday for Mama over the webcam:wonders of technology.) After that my gran actually came to watch me preach (no pressure! especially as she is not a church-goer!) at the 5.15 service at my church. I then preached again at the 7pm and came home and collopsed into bed...

1 comment:

Jana said...

i can't believe that your nephew is 6! that makes even me feel old with my short 20 years...

you've been busy! although i'm quite convinced that you did speak bosnian to show off your language skills, that seems like a pretty good idea to get people's attention, if nothing else.

can you PLEASE tell me what in the world a hummingbird cake is??

so anyway, congratulations on your preaching and all that.

oh yeah, happy birthday belinda's gran!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...