Tuesday, January 23, 2007

TEFL

Well I started a TEFL (teaching english as a foreign language) course yesterday. It is a 3 week intensive course and it seems that it will be getting busy out of the classroom with lesson prep as well, but I am glad I decided to go ahead and do it.

I was looking at doing it while I was home and this course just seemed like the best option - it is during the day and so I will have evenings (mostly) free to see people and it is walking distance form my folks (which is NB as I don't have access to a car - the one I would have had was stolen!!) and the other ones in the area were either way more expensive or at night, so despite the fact that it is happening NOW (as opposed to in a week's time when I am more settled) it really was the only option if I was going to get the certificate while I am here.

I wanted to get more training as I find I don't know enough of the grammar etc needed when I am teaching and also it will be good to have some sort of actual certificate when I try and get my stalni borovak (permanant residence visa) next year. So there you go...

Anyway if you don't hear from me for a while it is because I am busy with this!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...