Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunny South Africa!!

Yes, I have safely arrived in Cape Town. I arrived 6 hours earlier, after being bumped from the flight via Joburg to the direct flight to Cape Town (the lady at the check-in offered, I hadn't even though to ask!!!). This of course was a problem for my folks who were still (okay more my mom really) frantically tidying up my room as it had been used as a storage space for two years! The switch totally made my day and of course made the trip back SOOOOOOO much nicer and I am more-or-less recovered from the trip already.

I have been swimming a couple of times in the pool, and enjoying the summery weather (sorry you guys who are still in WINTER!).

Anyway, it is interesting to be "home" after almost 2 years absence and I am looking forward to catching up with everyone here...

4 comments:

therambler said...

glad you made it down there safe and sound. have a great furlough. stay in touch.

LeAnne said...

Very cool about the plane stuff... all my friends have really cool plane stuff happen to them... :) Yeah for swimming!

winterytiff said...

Glad you arrived well! enjoy times of rest (hopefully) and reconnecting. love ya!

Nicole and Graeme said...

Hey - you'll be there when Nellie and I are in town (Feb 6-20) - we'll have to make contact!! G.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...