Friday, January 19, 2007

Adjustments...

Well I was just thinking this morning about the adjustments of coming back to South Africa from Bosnia. Besides the obvious changes in time (which is only one hour, so not bad) and climate because of the summer winter thing - there is the change in time because of the summer winter thing - so instead of the sun going down at 4, it is only going down at 8.30pm... wrap your brain around that one....

Another biggie is of course I am so used to driving on the right, I now need to drive here going "left left left".

Then here they don't give out plastic bags at shops - you have to pay for them. And the point being that you then bring your own.

Then here everyone drives everywhere - after walking around all the time, this is a big shock, but I have found ways to get around my parents' paranoia about walking in this crime ridden place and am doing some walking!

Okay will keep you posted when I think of more things...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...