Thursday, September 21, 2006

TV troubles...

I got back from my travels and everything was broken - the TV, the car, the telephone, and my internet wasn't working as well I hadn't paid in while I was gone... anyway we quickly sorted out the other stuff, and also "sorted out" the TV by buying a new one. The old one was my landlady's and it would have cost me quite a lot to fix it and so I decided to get a new one, as that way it is mine and it would have a guarantee so it wouldn't give me hassles again for a while... well that was the plan anyway...

I bought one at a good price and brought it home and it was great fun figuring out how to program the channels, etc... That night, Sladja, who is staying with us in our lounge (now fondly refered to as "Sladja's domain") noticed a green light stayed on the screen when she turned it off. We probably wouldn't have noticed it for weeks so it was a good thing she was staying with us!

We took it back and they changed it right away for a new one... (which I then had to program the channels on that one too). 10 days later THAT one started doing all sorts of strange things (including the green light!) so we took it back... the guys in the shop were very sweet and PTL immediately offered us our money back (which is VERY unusual as things don't come with a money back guarantee here...), so it was out hunting for TVs again...

Anyway we found another which was a little bit more expensive, but has a 3 year guarantee and a good reputation. We brought it home and of course had to program the channels on that one (I am now an EXPERT!) and so far so good...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...