Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Only in Bosnia...

I went the other day to the Police to find out what I can do about my driver's license. More and more often when I get stopped here by the police (usually randomly, not for anything I have done - I am convinced that I have a police magnet as they tend to stop me a LOT) they are telling me I am not allowed to drive on my South African driver's license. I either have to have a Bosnian license or an International one. So I decided to check up on this...

The lovely lady at the Police told me that yes it is true that I shouldn't drive more than 6 months on my SA license, but that as a foreigner without a permanent residency I fall into a "hole" as I can't get a Bosnian license until I have permanent residency... So I ask her "what should I do" and her reply... "shrug your shoulders and pretend you don't speak Serbian, they will get confused and let you go"...

Only in Bosnia will the OFFICIAL reply be to LIE to the police!!!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

That was beautiful... I'm still laughing. You gotta love it :) yeah, that's funny, and yet so typical... have a good one!

Richard said...

Not the only country ... reminds me of certain comments made by the SA police a few years back *grin*

"If a police car tries to stop you, don't stop. drive as fast as you can to the next police station!"

Actually happened to my Dad,
R.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...