Saturday, September 02, 2006

DUBROVNIK


I made it!! After all the waiting and being FOUR times in Trebinje WITHOUT a VISA for Croatia and therefore not being able to make it to Dubrovnik, this week I FINALLY made it!!

And it was wonderful...

I almost didn't make it even to Trebinje as when I got back from England my car had a leetle problem which required someone coming out to fix it as driving it was dangerous! Anyway after trying various people, Sinisa finally managed to get his cousin to come out and fix it and I got off to Trebinje about 2 hours later than planned!!

Ljilja and I drove out on Tuesday to Dubrovnik and spent about 4 hours just the two of us, wandering around Dubrovnik and having the MOST expensive cup of coffee/coke that I have ever had (more expensive than the tea Mary and I had in Athens even!) but it was worth it!

The photo of the two of us at the fountain was taken with batteries from some kind German who after realising that our batteries were dead took his out (he luckily had the same camera) and then took the photo...

On the way back the Croatian border guard was the same one and he told his colleague to open the gate for us saying "Let them through - it's just that South African"...

We then returned with others on the Thursday and actually got to swim at this beach about 5 mins from the Old town - what a great experience, swimming with a view! We also went and had icecream and wondered around the Old town again...

Am still pinching myself... I got to go to Dubrovnik FINALLY!

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

therambler said...

i'm so excited for you!! yay!! hey, check out my new blog: www.theramblings.wordpress.com

winterytiff said...

Happy times indeed! I hope to make there myself soon. See you this weekend! Pusa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...